Following the Governments most recent announcement on 10th May, we have decided to defer all holidays due to start before 4th July 2020.
We are currently in the process of contacting all of our customers in this time period to discuss their options. Please bear with us – we will be in touch with you by email and priortising customers by departure date and would like to thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.
We are allowing customers to:
Defer their holiday to later this season.
Defer to a similar date in 2021.
We are planning on reopening the business on the 4th July and are currently working through how we will manage social distancing procedures to ensure maximum safety for our guests and staff.
We will be accepting new bookings after 4th July 2020. Bookings can be made with no deposit, and balance only payable if certain travel restrictions are eased, and the holiday can be taken. Balance will be paid either 7 days before the due date of holiday, or on the day of holiday when you arrive, whichever is the earliest date to knowing the holiday will take place.
The Government has announced another 3 week extension to existing guidelines. This takes us through to the 8th May. For those of you travelling in May you have a few choices:
· Leave the booking in place and see what the Government advice is closer to the time.
· Defer your holiday to later in the season
· Defer your holiday until 2021
We are working on the assumption that June holidays will be able to go ahead so would ask guests due to travel from June onwards to not contact us at this time. If Government guidelines still prohibit holidays the above options will apply.
We have decided to start taking bookings on our narrowboats starting Friday the 1st May 2020. Bookings will be made with no deposit, and balance only payable if certain travel restrictions are eased, and the holiday can be taken. Balance will be paid either 7 days before the due date of holiday, or on the day of holiday when you arrive, whichever is the earliest date to knowing the holiday will take place. If we learn at a later date that the holiday will not take place, due to travel restrictions still in place because of Covid-19, the holiday will be cancelled with no charge to yourself. Bookings can be made 2 ways.
2. Email us at email@example.com, we are currently working and observing emails from home, email us with dates, queries and we will get back to you that day.
We shall carry this on until we have a definite clear date, to ensure our customers are safe and confident.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Take care and stay safe.
We have contacted all customers regarding all holidays taken with us in the months of March and April to the same dates next year. When we hear from the Government (approx April 13th) regarding further lockdowns or easing travel, we will know what to do with bookings made in the month of May and will be contacting customers. We hope you are all well during this difficult time.
What we’re doing to help customers and our staff safe at Crest Narrowboats.
As a valued customer, we wanted to update you on the steps we are taking to help minimise the spread of Covid-19.
We are continuing to follow and monitor official guidance from the UK government and Public Health England carefully.
To help combat the spread of Covid-19, we have been putting precautinary safety measures in place including:
- Emphasizing frequent and proper handwashing.
- Educating staff on prevention.
- Cleaning high contact points more frequently.
- All mattresses, door handles, taps and toilet ‘flush’ handles/buttons are all being sanitized/disinfected prior to your arrival. As are all usual places kitchen tops, toilets, wash basins etc.